Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ernest Gonzales

The other day I had the pleasure of listening to Natural Traits, the new album from Ernest Gonzales, known by some as Mexicans With Guns.  Released on January 17th of this year, it has been one of my first full listens of 2012, and easily one of the most rewarding.  I think it's partly due to the fact that I don't know what to make of it. While this may sound bad, I actually mean it in the best way possible; it's chaotic yet concise, danceable and simultaneously ambient...to put it in most basic words, Natural Traits is fascinatingly interesting.  Gonzales creates epic electronic soundscapes, layering in lively guitar rifts with his already head-bopping beats, which establishes a magnificent contrast between organic rhythms and energetic, synth-produced hooks.  Throughout several tracks Gonzales shows confidence in his builds, adding more and more components to as time goes on until everything feels on full blast.  It's totally intense and totally awesome. "When Synchronicity Prevails" is a perfect example of a song that follows this formula, and it's absolute banger.  I've posted it below, so have a listen to that, and then hit up SoundCloud to listen to the entire album.  As of now, HypeM is also streaming it. Hope ya dig!

 When Synchronicity Prevails by Ernest Gonzales

Follow me on Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment