Friday, February 3, 2012

Porcelain Raft

I'll leave you off on this fine Friday afternoon with Porcelain Raft, the solo project of the Italian Mauro Remiddi, and his new album Strange Weekend which came out January 24th of this year.  After releasing a few EPs and gaining some buzz through some hit singles, I was finally able to give the album a listen last week.  Although it's still early on in the year, Strange Weekend has been one of my favorite releases to come out in 2012.  It may not be breaking boundaries in its composition, but it has been a dream pop delight regardless.  It think it's pretty fair to say that Remiddi has listened to his fair share of My Bloody Valentine, for both Loveless and Strange Weekend share a lot of the same fuzzy sonic textures.  I've posted two of my favorites below, so feel free to check out "Unless You Speak From Your Heart" and "Put Me To Sleep" below.  Have a great weekend all!


No comments:

Post a Comment