Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dumbo Gets Mad

It was around a year ago that I found myself heavily invested in Elephants At the Door, the wonderful debut LP from the Italian group Dumbo Gets Mad, which for a while served as the provider for my psychedelic cravings.  The opening sax line of "Plumy Tale" still manages to bring a huge smile on my face, partly because its simplicity usually leaves me wondering why no one had come up with it before.  It all seemed so simple!  But then, just like that, they seemed to disappear off the face of the earth.  I heard no news, they didn't hint at any albums, and I never saw new songs.  Yet, today is another day, and just as easily as they vanished they're back on the radar.  Today, the band announced on their Facebook page the release of a new song "Radical Leap", which serves as the first single off of their forthcoming album in 2013 (date and title still known).  For lovers of bubbly, fun, and slightly quirky '60s psychedelic rock, "Radical Leap" is right up your alley.  If it's any indication of what the album will be like, I think we can expect to see them tap even more into their oldies roots, incorporating a baroque pop sensibility that wasn't quite there prior.  I might as well dress you up in a tie-dye tee, throw a headband on and sprinkle on some sunshine dust.  "Radical Leap" streaming below, so go give it a looksy!

 Dumbo Gets Mad - Radical Leap by Bad Panda Records

No comments:

Post a Comment